Interested in coaching regarding individual wealth? Click below to learn more.
Interested in coaching regarding family foundations & DAFs? Click below to learn more.
If you have any questions please feel free to sign up here for a 45-minute call with me to see if we’re the right fit. Each call also includes a complimentary 20-minute coaching session.
What is money coaching?
Everyone has a relationship with money, and none of us have a completely neutral relationship to it. Like any worthwhile relationship, it takes work to cultivate a relationship with money that is healthy. For those of us who have more than enough money and care about the world, we live within a specific tension of figuring out how to align our resources with our values. How much is enough? How much is more than enough? What do I do with my excess resources?
Money coaching will get you clear on your values and long-term goals related to money, obstacles in you living in alignment with those values and goals, and tools for creating radical transformation in how you relate to money.
I offer a safe space to examine the emotions, questions, challenges and patterns you have in relationship to money and be guided towards transforming those things into a healthier way. After each session you will leave with action steps and I will be a part of your accountability.
What you can expect to get from working with me:
· A safe, warm environment to explore anything you need to say or express about money, as well as a coach who will be honest with you and hold you to your goals.
· A support and accountability person who is in it with you as you transform your relationship to money
· An advisor who can offer concrete suggestions when you have logistical or practical questions about moving your money
This is for you if:
· You are age 18-40 and have access to inherited wealth or have a high income
· You have liberal or progressive politics and want to fund social change
· You’re tired of old ways of relating to money and ready for a change; spending, saving and/or giving
· You either have a gnawing sense you are not giving away enough money but you don’t know how to take the first step, OR you have a giving practice but want to make it more consistent, intentional and bold
· You are ready to take action, get challenged and be held accountable to your goals!
· You’d like help figuring out how to make budgeting realistic, answer the question “how much money is enough,” and what to do with the rest...
Together, we will create a customized coaching plan based on your specific needs. Here are some of the things I offer:
· Tools for shifting your relationship with money to one that is rational, confident and clear, perhaps even joyful!
· Identify the values you want to hold regarding money
· Tools for making a budget you can stick to
· Tools for creating a multi-year philanthropic plan
· Referrals for values-aligned organizations to fund, investors and financial advisors, and other philanthropic resources
· Help you discern what type of philanthropic fund to create and which organizations to fund
· Support on how to become a major donor and best donor practices
Note: I work with clients in any time zone over video or phone
“Iris is phenomenal. I was blown away by her clarity and discipline of coaching, as well as the power of the tools she offers and her listening and creating a space to be vulnerable and take bold actions. I highly recommend Iris to anyone stuck in any realm of personal finance and philanthropy, she is well worth your time.” - Dan Lewis
Leadership coaching is for executive directors, presidents or founders of family foundations, donor-advised funds or other philanthropic vehicles. I offer guidance, accountability and advising to support you in funding impactful social change, as well as tools for strengthening your leadership.
This is for you if:
· You are an executive director, president, or founder of a family foundation, donor-advised fund or other philanthropic vehicle
· You have liberal or progressive values and seek to fund social change
· You are under the age of 40 and relatively new (in the last three years) to your leadership role
What I offer;
A mentor and accountability partner to help grow you as a leader. I will help you stay on track with your goals and deadlines, advise you on grantmaking and strategic planning, and coach you on the areas you’re stuck on.
Together, we will create a customized coaching plan based on your specific needs.
Here are some of the things I offer:
· Identify your strengths & weaknesses as a leader, and tools for strengthening your capacity as a leader
· Find your unique leadership style that leverages your strengths and supports you to lead with authenticity, intuition and confidence
· Strike a work/life balance that empowers you to lead a fulfilling life
· Tools for navigating how power dynamics and social identities impact your leadership (such as class, gender and race)
· Improve and strengthen relationships with grantees; tools for shifting out of transactional and into partnership with grantees
· Develop easeful infrastructure regarding grantmaking: grant applications, evaluations, recruiting new grantees
· Support in developing or revising a mission statement that is clear and powerful aligned with your family’s values
· Tools for time management, strategic goal-setting and work planning
· Tools for organizing your family and stakeholders towards a shared vision
· Improve your communication skills
If you have any questions about my work or about any of the information above, please feel free to sign up here for a 45-minute call with me to see if we’re the right fit. Each call also includes a complimentary 20-minute coaching session.
“Iris is responsive, intuitive, flexible, and authentic. She has helped me develop confidence in my leadership and provided me with tangible organizational tools that have transformed the way I manage my time. I am grateful for the strong relationship we have built, which has allowed me to feel comfortable with the deeper introspection and visioning that is so critical in this work.” - Tamara Cohen, Executive Director